Yikes. Six months ago I set out to accomplish 30 things before I turned 30. Shucks is all I have to say! There's a lot left on the list, but a few I may be able to cross off the list in the next two weeks, including:
1. Go to the Art Institute of Chicago. (Next week after work - the museum is free starting Jan. 3 during the week!)
2. Hang the chandelier in my bedroom. (Will be done tomorrow)
7. Eat in Chinatown.
9. Ice skate at Millennium Park.
11. Stay out until 4 a.m. one last time…. and live to tell about it.
22. Have a dog at Hot Doug’s.
25. Eliminate any credit card debt. (Sponsors? Just kidding - I'm almost there.)
26. Enjoy the view from the Tasting Room on a clear night.
27. Plan a vacation to Napa. (I'm working on it!)
28. Conquer my fear of the yoga studio.
29. Capture Ukie Village neighborhood attractions with photos – the neon signs at Alcala’s, St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, etc.
Everything else is either seasonal or out of my control.... how much can I get done in 10 days?????
December 25, 2010
I have lots of projects and stories and news to share, but for now, I just wanted to wish everyone a very merry Christmas! I have been reminded of the true wonder and spirit of the holiday season this year, thanks to my niece and nephew. Through their young eyes, Christmas is a magical time of year and I feel so blessed to have been reminded of all the fun and beauty a white Christmas can hold. We’ve tracked Santa’s journey across the globe on Christmas Eve thanks to Google Earth, helped Grandma bake cookies (with LOTS of sprinkles), read countless stories of the birth of our Lord Jesus, and gazed upon Him lying in the manger at church on Christmas Eve.
Merry Christmas to one and all!